Crashplan Plus review – Is this online backup solution really top notch | Is it really an Affordable / Reliable Cloud Base Backup?
The All you can eat, reliable online backup solution for an affordable rate
As many of you have started your research looking for an affordable, reliable, and live online backup solution, you may have come across several platforms like MobileMe, Carbonite, and Norton Online Backup. After reviewing several online backup options, I found Codefortytwo’s Crashplan Plus+ software to have everything I need and some.
The Codefortytwo’s Crashplan Plus software is an online backup solution that backups all of your files over the Internet to their online secure servers. As there are several features to favor with this product, two of mines includes having the ability to recovery different revisions of my files on the fly and being able to synchronize my data across multiple devices. Some of the additional features of this product includes:
- Automatic Backup – CrashPlan computer backup happens all by itself. Nothing to remember. No annoying popups. If backup is interrupted, CrashPlan automatically resumes when computers become available again.
- A set it and forget it solution. How annoying is it to have Microsoft Windows’s Security center to flagged missed backup or incomplete backups which throughs your whole backup solution off
- Unlimited File Size – Some data backup services limit the size of files you can back up. CrashPlan backup software has no restriction on file sizes.
- Yes Unlimited File Storage with select Plans. No More getting charge for going over your Limited. Nice!!!!!
- Data Security – CrashPlan uses Blowfish encryption to safeguard your backup. Combined with data de-duplication and compression, your computer backup archive is safe from view. Your friends can’t even see the names of the files you have backed up to them.
- Protecting your files and their sensitivity is a must. Instead of password projecting a file, you can lock down the backups and the application from being tampered with.
Crashplan has several plans and prices for the different versions of this product. I recommend reviewing the table below then decide which plans works for you
CrashPlan+ starts at 1.50 per month for 10 Gigabytes of online storage and only syncs with one computer. This plan in my opinion is for a basic users that has minimum documents and multimedia files they want saved to the cloud. CrashPlan+ Unlimited is $3.00 per month for unlimited online storage with one computer. With this plan one could save all of their files and folders to the cloud. The last plan is called Crash Plan Plus Family Unlimited. With Crash Plan Plus Family Unlimited you now have the ability to add up to 10 computers to synchronize the files among devices and to the Crashplan servers.
With any online backup solution be mindful that, your first backup will take some time to complete, but once your backup is completed Crashplan only uploads changes to your files thereafter. So with the unlimited storage option if your first backup is several hundreds of gigabytes it will may take several days to complete. This is important to take into account considering many Internet Service Providers are now implementing caps on your data usage. With Crashplan you have several options within the network settings to only backup during low internet peeks or pause the backup job until you next billing cycle.
Download my files on the fly | With Crashplan Accessing your files and restoring them locally directly from Web.
After a disaster or simply purchasing a new computer with Crashplan plus you have several options to reestablish your service and to recovery your files. The ulimate way would be to simply reinstalling Crashplan software to your computer and select recovery. The second option that is available is the Online Web Console. With this option you have the ability to restore individual files.
Note with the online web console recovery you are cap at recovering files smaller than 250mb. So if you have major files that are bigger than that cap, I recommending reinstalling the Crashplan software.
In closing CrashPlan+, in my opinion is by far the easiest cloud base backup solution that deliveries a simple / easy to use interface and offers a variety of customization to your backup needs. Its plans and payment options also make it an affordable choice. Plus, CrashPlan+’s three restore options—app integration, Web-based recovery on any computer, and desktop recovery—work seamlessly well together.